Saturday, November 25, 2017

To a mother and then to all mothers

Though each day promises unique opportunities, birthdays  are special. However, birthday, or birth day, is an experience beyond words. We recently had the privilege to experience one and I think am still hung over.
For birth of a child is as much about the tiny, innocent person breathing to life as about finding a hitherto unknown person in yourself. This magnificent experience is gratified when the newborn is also the firstborn. Yours truly had this fortune bestowed upon only a few days ago. While it means a lot to be a father, this piece is not about me. This is more to do with the person who makes it all possible.



It is amazing to see how my wife has taken to being a mother. While many say being a mother supersedes everything else so much so that new mother stops being everything else, I beg to differ. Having witnessed my wife evolve into a mother has left me in complete awe of the woman. She has all aspects of her personalities intact and has developed a new dimension of mother. While we all seek to balance different roles in our lives (work-life balance, social-personal-private lives), the swiftness with which she has achieved this is phenomenal.
I now know the reason why mothers are revered. A mother deserves all the accolades she gets and a lot more. More power to you wifey. The affection, patience and perseverance you put on display every waking moment of your life is a lesson in what unconditional love is.
I could see you being a great mother while remaining the  beautiful person that you are. I hope to stand by you and support whenever and however I can.
Today I bow down to you, the mother, and to all mothers who make our lives possible.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment